Re: Car Alarm: LED Flashes to beat of stereo

Sam wrote:
> "Chad Wahls" <cwahls@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> : The voltage could drop enough to cause the alarm to think weird things
> and
> : blink the LED.  Even at full output there will be enough voltage to
> : illuminate an LED.  The reason it does not dim is because it's probably
> : illuminating at the BOTTOM of the voltage cycle or as the cycle is
> coming
> : back up.  Does the LED flash immediately after you apply power to the
> alarm
> : system?
>
> Yes, the LED flashes immediately after I power-on the alarm.

Well I was meaning, maybe you did this.  Pull the fuse, put the fuse
back in, the moment you put it in does the LED flash?  Maybe the alarm
control unit is seeing a low voltage and "turning off" the logic,
therefore everytime the voltage drop ends (end of beat impulse) the LED
flashes as if the power was re-applied.

Chad