Re: Commercial Alarm - help

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 13:28:41 -0500, "Bob Worthy"
<securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Through all of your focus groups, it is obvious you have been beat to
>believe, by the law enforcement types, that **system failures** are the
>cause of false alarms 99% of the time.

No, I never said that.  Actually, user error is to blame most of the
time.  However, the end result is the same: A dispatch to an alarm
system site without a legitimate intrusion.

What I said was 99% of alarm calls are for false alarms.  The cause is
irrelevant in this statistic.  The $99 burglar alarm killed the idea
that the average consumer would care enough to learn how to properly
operate the thing.   The mass marketing and commoditizing of the
equipment and services has eliminated the possibility of "end user
education" doing any good.