Re: Commercial Alarm - help

Through all of your focus groups, it is obvious you have been beat to
believe, by the law enforcement types, that **system failures** are the
cause of false alarms 99% of the time. I too have spent many more hours of
dealing with the threat of no response and verified response issue, on
behalf of the industry, than I care to count. Although **system failure**
does account for some false alarms, it is actually on the lower end of the
percentage scale. I have tested this with my own company and I am using the
same equipment that the majority of the BA companies are using. I cannot
see, from our service tickes and our customer contact, where there is a 99%
failure rate of equipment when there is an alarm occurance. Our false alarm
rate is .024 to .027 depending on the season no matter how agressive we get
with false alarm prevention. Biggest percentage is still human error and not
the equipment. The only time equipment comes into question is when the
customer doesn't maintain it or heavy lightning, which both can cause false
alarms. The lack of maintenance still falls under human error as does the
customer making any changes within the protected area without notifing to
alarmco. Maybe a better selection of words would help to relay reality to
the people involved rather than **system failure**.