Re: Sprinkler Monitoring

Once your municipality adopts the I-codes (IBC, IFC, IMC, et al), the
act of grandfathering stops. IFC 907.3 is where you will find fire
protection requirements for existing buildings.

The IBC requires all sprinkler water flow and valve position switches
(that may be tamper resistant) to be monitored.  The only exceptions
being R-3 and limited sprinkler systems (fewer than 20 heads).

Several Arizona cities accept drawings submitted by a NICET III
certified technician.

Good luck!

Mike

--