Re: Devcon Buys Out Coastal Security, Adelphia, & Guardian

Sonicduck wrote:

> Frank, Frank, frank, frank....
>
> I have had many customers tell me that they do NOT want fire
> protection.

I suppose that's true if you sell it as an "option".  We don't.

> They said by the time the fire department would arrive,
> the house would be so far gone that there would not be very much they
> would want to salvage.  The smelly soot and smoke would contaminate
> everything.  They said if the fire started, they would rather it burn
> the daggone house to the ground than to have to bicker with the
> insurance company for partial damages.  Of course the people I dealt
> with the most were upper class, not the bottom of the barrel folks who
> probably don't have homeowners.

System smokes aren't there to protect property.  They are foremost life
safety devices.  A well designed _monitored_ *system* will provide early
warning of a problem so that the premises can be safely evacuated, and
will mimize the damage to the structure if no one's home.  Since it's
obvious you've never actually sold a security *system* (by numerous
comments you've made) you don't understand this fundamental fact.
You've been doing your customers a huge dis-service and I sincerely
doubt ADT (or Bell South) can be blamed for your lackluster job
performance or career to date.

You should also check out a few homeowners policies...  particularly
where they mention something called "mitigating your loss".  An
insurance adjuster would be asking questions like:  "How was the fire
detected?"  "How long did it take the FD to arrive on site?"  "What
steps did they take to control the spread of the fire?"  "What steps did
you take?"  The fire department will always try to save as much of the
structure as possible.  There will always be incidental damage (from
smoke and water), but that's often easier to deal with (and cheaper)
than replacing the entire structure.  I realize you're only "trolling"
for negative feedback, but I believe that constructive crticism in your
case (I don't think you're a "lost cause" like our "Wireless Willy")
will go much further.  Take some time to educate yourself before you
open your yap with such ridiculously outrageous comments.

> Get with the year 2005, almost to be
> 2006.  Attitudes and people have changed.  This industry is steeped in
> so much old school mindset that it s sufficating itself.  Grow up dude.

The lack of knowledge on your part demonstrates your lack of interest in
learning the skills to properly sell a security *system*.  There are
numerous educational opportunities available to you through the Florida
Alarm Association, various distributors, and State sponsored courses.
I'd suggest you availe yourself of a few of them.

> ADT selling monitoring for $18.99 ???  Not from corporate.

Yep.

> Maybe a
> dealer that is hardup for a customer.  I never sold one for $18.95 or
> $18.99 even.  Nope.

Interesting.  Are you saying that an alarm company (including ADT)
wouldn't reduce the monitoring charges for a customer that was paying
*up front* for the equipment and installation?  What planet are you from
again??

> I used to live in Syberiacuse.  I know their tactics well.

Yes...  You've made it perfectly obvious where your prejudices lie...