Re: Anyone use Honeywell 7845 AlarmNet Cellular backup?

Mark Leuck wrote:
> "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > When using cellular backup with Napco panels I always use the 3008
> > relay panel. This way I can send different siganls for fire, burg,
> > panic, duress, and telephone failure.
> > I also trip the 3200 if the cell fails too.
> >
> > If you're going to use the 3008 make sure you get the unit in the metal
> > box. You can order it board only, but it just doesn't fit in the 3200
> > panel along with everything else.
>
> That wouldn't work with the 7845C, Uplink yes

Hmmm! you're right. I wouldn't use the C version. If you're going to
have a back up reporting device, and it only sends two signals, ( three
if you use the fault relay output)and someone cut the phone lines and
then invaded the house ....... the home owner presses the panic button
and is sends a burglary signal?

Nah!

For the small additional cost use the CZ version along with the 3008
relay box. It doesn't send every zone but breaks it up into back up
signals that have some meaning.