Re: Anyone use Honeywell 7845 AlarmNet Cellular backup?

Total nerd wrote:
> Has anyone used the Honeywell 7845CV2 Cellular backup device through
> AlarmNet?
> http://www.security.honeywell.com/hsce/products/alarm/re/34407.html
> I'm wondering how easy this would be to hook up to an existing Napco
> Gemini P3200 and to have it dial my existing central station company if
> the phone line should fail, etc?
> Thanks

When using cellular backup with Napco panels I always use the 3008
relay panel. This way I can send different siganls for fire, burg,
panic, duress, and telephone failure.
I also trip the 3200 if the cell fails too.

If you're going to use the 3008 make sure you get the unit in the metal
box. You can order it board only, but it just doesn't fit in the 3200
panel along with everything else.