Re: Protect pre-wired cables from damage during drywall

We've found that the drywallers unintentionally slice wires if we put
contacts on at rough-in stage (we use surface mounts on windows). So,
although it's a little more work we come back after paint and install the
contacts and spackle...it turns out to be less work than troubleshooting a
tiny slice in the contact leads. On custom jobs this generally isnt a
problem though.