Re: Protect pre-wired cables from damage during drywall

> BTW - I have not found a solution to keeping the HVAC guy from cutting the
wires and not telling anyone. Although I'm sure there are several on
this
forum who would know how to get "even"...

That one's easy.  I always prewired the alarm after the other
contractors finished.  When working for the GC, try to schedule your
work just after the electrician -- the day before the insulation goes
up.  By then the plumbing, HVACand such are done.

BTW, I like to install the window and door contacts during the prewire.
 I've found less damage to my work from other contractors that way than
if I left the bare wires.  At first I used to just pull the cables and
only install the contacts after the place was finished but sometimes
I'd find cables pulled out by the insulators.  Putting the switches in
first and leaving a 12-18" service loop in the wall avoids that.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com