Re: Devcon Buys Out Coastal Security, Adelphia, & Guardian

> If you're uncomfortable discusing it, pardon me for asking but the
> scenario
> intrigues.
> How did you negotiate your salary with company and how did you arrive at a
> consulting fee,
> wouldn't they just send you to your own accounts to fix them? :-)

 I was in their sales dept., but yes, I went on a few service calls to
explain custom items like an access controlled door hookup. If I can toot my
own horn, all of the accounts I installed were PC5010 panels, and I did
things uniformly and neatly, so they were simple to service by our techs. I
still service a couple of family member's systems who are monitored there.
All my installs are rock solid.

The "consulting" fee was simply a bonus, negotiated by me as a condition of
selling my accts to them, to be available to answer specific questions about
my accounts over the phone. I got a flat fee up front, and only got a couple
of calls while I was there.

I've since returned to ADT as a Core Com'l rep for 3.5 yrs, and for the past
few months I've been selling business phone systems about 10-20 hrs per
week, and managing a portfolio of rental properties that we own. No more
thunderstorm phone calls for this boy... :-)