Re: Commercial Alarm - help

Number of dispatches to alarm signals divided by the number of alarms
systems you have on line gives you an alarm factor compared to the size of
your company. It is not fair to the larger companies to say they had 10
times more false alarms just because they have more exposure. An alarm
factor makes an even playing field for all companies big and small. If a
company has 100 alarm systems and 2 false alarms, their alarm factor is
.02%, if a company has 1000 systems and 20 false alarms their factor is
still .02 %, and if a company has 10,000 systems and 200 false alarms, the
factor again is still .02%. Naturally, the larger the company the more
exposure to false alarms they will have but the bottom line is that only
.02% of the systems (or clients) have problems. Not 99% as some would like
you to believe. That is why, the municipalities absolutely must know how
many systems are in their juridiction in order to truely know if they have a
problem or not. They don't want people to know, when they are trying to sell
their program, that they are actually only servicing .035% (national average
alarm factor) of the citizens. No one can win their percentage game. If Los
Angeles PD only went on one call and it was false, they can still say that
the industry has not improved, the percentage of false alarms we responded
to is now 100%. Why is that so hard to see? Yet people still fall for their
sales pitch. I just know that I have had an alarm system in my home since
1985, in my office since 1988 and my travel agency since 1991 and, even
though I live in a lightning prone area, with hurricanes, and power outages
common place, I have never had a false alarm at these locations. Go figure.

"Nomen Nescio" <nobody@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Bob Worthy said:
>
> > Our false alarm rate is .024 to .027 depending on the season no matter
> > how agressive we get
> >with false alarm prevention.
>
> I don't understand what you mean by that statistic.  I don't think you're
> saying that each system only causes .024 false alarms per year, as that
> would mean your average system causes one false alarm every 40 years.
What