Re: Greater Toronto Area Recomendations?

Sir, I hate to burst your bubble, but this concept is just another
martketing version on the old "low down, megabucks a month" concept. The
only difference is their promotion of the two way voice business, which
sounds better than it is. They use wireless components strictly because it's
easy and cheap to install, NOT because it is better. Coverage is absolutely
minimal, and they make a big issue of this two way voice business, which is
pure marketing hype. DSC sells the same ability with their PC 5904 two way
listen in add on module, but you don't see most alarmcos rushing out to use
it. Perhaps the reason is because it's simply no better than a conventional
phone call. I agree that it  sounds good though...it's called selling the
sizzle not the steak ! The idea is not to catch the guy in the process; this
rarely happens. It's to ensure that the home is secured properly after a
real break in. Alarm Farce's promotion of this confrontational "listen in"
ability is simply playing on consumers misunderstanding of the application
of an alarm for their own marketing purposes!

It would also pay to remember this is the same company that made a big
public radio campaign in Toronto telling the thieves in the process one way
to compromise an alarm system. It's just my opinion of course, but knowing
what I know of their installations, I wouldn't touch this company with a ten
foot pole ! I've replaced dozens of their mickey mouse systems over the last
few years. What kind of system, with training, can anyone legitimately
install in an hour. To do everything properly, plus train properly, takes at
least a full day, sometimes two !

Again, just my biased opinion, but they are as close to a scam as any
company can get without actually crossing the line. Sad that a cop actually
buys into that crap about fewer false alarms ! And even sadder still, is
that a lot of consumers buy it as well......

RHC