Re: Devcon Buys Out Coastal Security, Adelphia, & Guardian

> Before you pontificate about what should and shouldn't be charged for
> monitoring, you should try to find out what the "average" amount in the
> US is, first. In fact, according to most polls, last I heard, it's
> about $25.00.

RHC: It's $24.95 by all accounts in reports I've read in SDM

> As far as long term contracts, you can bet that if you're not getting
> them you're not doing your customers any favor.

RHC: That's absolute unadulterated crap ! Many of my clients are quite
mobile, and I'd be doing them no favours by locking them in to a long term
contract that unnecessarily restricts them and costs them needlessly.
Cripes, if you really believe you're doing your clients a favour by locking
them in, you really have lost all sense of reality !! I see untold horrors
of customers being extorted by these bloody long term contracts, by all
sorts of companies of all sizes big and small. Cripes, I could write a book
on it...

You can change there rates every year.

RHC: More crap ! I give the client a five year written rate guarantee in his
contract. And with the profit margins I make at $15, I doubt I'll ever raise
my rates ! (In fact, I may end up reducing them if my tax problems continue
!) I put that clause in when ADT started their bullshit along the same tone,
all the while hiding behind the fact that they can rate rates based on a
cost of living index once a year. Those idiots will say anything to make a
sale...

I get a five year contract and don't change rates for
> that long. My clients have a choice. Minimum one year contract ......
> but the price will likely go up next year or 5 year contract and you
> hold the price for 5 years. Very ...... very seldom to I get less than
> 5 year contract. Good for me. Good for them. Oh and also, when it comes
> time to sell your business, I'll match the price that I'll get for my 5
> year contracts against what you get for your one year contracts.

RHC: More crap ! I have a standing offer of 30 times monthly ! That's
perfectly satisfactory given that I wouldn't have half the clients I have if
I chose to lock them in. My clients aren't that bloody stupid ! And NO ONE
around here EVER raises their rates every year unless they've trapped their
clients in a long term committment and the customers have no choice in the
matter...you must be dreaming ! If you tried that bullshit around here,
you'd lose your client base in a hurry ! The only people who ever buy into a
long term contract when they aren't paying for a "free system" are either
poor and uninformed shoppers, fools, idiots or both...

Long term contracts when they are not being used to pay down equipment are
nothing but an industry scam, pure and simple. And if you believe all your
self serving crap about doing your clients a favour....well....I can't say
anything without making it personal, and I won't do that !!

Frankly, I'm getting more than a little tired of your sanctimonious bullshit
on this subject. You aren't doing anybody but yourself any favours. So stop
hiding behind lofty ideals about long term survival for your clients best
interests !

RHC

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html