Re: Shock Sensor

cctvbahamas@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> i think my only vaiable way is beams :-(
> anyone wanna sell me some, crash?
>
> I have some now, but they are on the back part, the rear entrance, not
> near my appt windows.

If the screens are made of wood, you can staple trap wire (which is 24
ga, solid, insulated) on to the inside of the screen. You staple the
wire back and forth a few times and up and down a few times. If you're
afraid that someone would be smart enough to short out the wire to gain
entry, you can decrease the chances of that by stapleing each leg of
the protective loop on the screen in odd and even pattern then use an
end of line resistor loop to detect a short. You add pull out plugs at
both the top and the bottom to act as a trap if someone tries to take
out the screen.  If the screens are on the outside of the house, you'll
have to use some kind of weather proof plugs, otherwise moisture will
oxidize the connections. Or, if your not ever going to remove the
screens, or very seldom remove them,  just run the wires inside the
house and add plugs or just splice there. If someone tries to pull out
the screen they'll break the 24 ga wire. Now either way, if someone
tries to cut through the screen, or remove the screen, they'll have to
break the trap wire to get into the house.