Re: Another prewire ? - Keypad Mounting

Depends on the keypad.
Double gang boxes are a bit wide for the ones we use.
Occasionally we will use a 12 conductor to get to remote areas and at
those times we will use a single gang behind the keypad for a splice box.
Important to get the box centered on the light switch box(es) below it.
Otherwise we just lace it so we can pull it out right where we want it
during trim out.

P.S.  You want to make sure that your keypad is centered on the light
switch(es).  They tend to blend in better.  Put it cattywampus and it
looks out of place.
The eye is drawn to things like that.
Remember that for other devices that are wall mounted as well.  If
functionally possible if you line them up on other things (door jambs,
windows, lighting) they look like they belong.
Symmetry is great camoflague....