Re: Can't Mix Smoke Models....really?

Thanks, Mike.

If I'm getting this right, it explains why the detectors need to be
compatible with the panel.  That I understand....

What I'm not getting though is why the panel would suggest that any
detectors connected need to be identical models.  Is it a real
technical issue, or maybe something just regulatory?

I'm just trying to figure out if I need to buy another one for a
matching set, or if I'm functionally alright with this mixed pair.

Thanks!