Poor Installation

Jane of Buffalo NY (11/10/03):
In December 2002, my husband and I purchased a home and for security,
we wanted services from ADT. Months went by, then we noticed that the
livingroom monitor was not working. Actually, we noticed that it never
worked because no one is to walk into the livingroom area in the
nightstay mode. From day one, the alarm never went off. Therefore, if
an intruder was to walk by the monitor, no alarm would go off. What can
we do about this situation? I can't get out of the contract until
anouther 12 months.

I believe that we should not have to pay $80 for a serviceman to show
up and do the work that was to be initially done with the $250
intallation.