Re: ARE YOU REALLY BEING MONITORED? READ THIS

On 19 Nov 2005 16:22:10 -0800, "Where's my WEBTV?"
<alarminstall@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Re: ADT being larger than the next 100 companies
>Subtract the accounts added through the acquisitions of Holmes,
>SecurityLink, WellsFargo/Pony Express, AlarmGuard, Rollins, plus the
>other companies ADT has purchased and those bragging rights about being
>larger than the next 100 companies combined go to the wayside. Figure
>in attrition and ADT MIGHT monitor somewhere in the neighborhood of
>1,500,000 of it's own installs (including dealers).

I think you missed my point completely.  I was saying that even though
ADT is huge, they account for a very small part of the overall
picture.  The independent dealers are much larger as a group, and are
vital to the health of the industry.

I wasn't bragging about the numbers, but I believe your guess is a
little off.  I'd eatimate:
5 million customers - 1 million from Slink and a combined 1 million
from the rest = about 3 million ADT non-acquisition accounts.

Most of ADT's revenue actually comes from national accounts,
government business, and commercial customers; although these sources
account for only about 1 million total customers.  Many of these are
not monitored accounts, but are customers none the less.

Industry rankings for those who haven't seen them:

http://www.sdmmag.com/FILES/HTML/SDM_2005_SDM_index/0,9754,,00.html