Re: Writer needs info on burglar alarms

There no need for space when you deal with fictional writing. Let their
imagination do the rest. Electronics has become smaller and smaller with
every passing decade. The keypad on the wall was probably designed 10-15
years ago. I would not be surprised if space was an issue, it could be made
real small like a credit card size calculator.

Take the space shuttle for example. Nasa has reduced the weigh of the new
shuttles by almost 1/3, due to advancements in electronics. A 2 lb laptop
can run the entire ship. When it was originally designed, the computer
probably weighed 50 lbs, and was bulky.

Jim Rojas