Re: Writer needs info on burglar alarms

"Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:PzFhe.5333$Iw1.2887@xxxxxxxxxxx
> There no need for space when you deal with fictional writing. Let their
> imagination do the rest.

I think this depends on the readership one is writing for.

I remember seeing a 1980s film set in occupied Germany in the period
immediately after the end of the war. It was a British production, so I was
expecting reasonably high standards of historical accuracy. In one scene, a
village inhabitant walks into a tobacconist's shop, asks for a packet of
twenty Camels, pays for them, and walks out.

Anything wrong with that?

Only that in Germany, up until the currency reform of 1948, Camels didn't
COST money; they WERE money. You know the sort of thing: a blow job = 1/2
cigarette; 1 lb of butter = 2.5, etc.

My imagination couldn't get around that fact, so I just couldn't swallow the
story.

I'm not aiming to produce a manual for apprentice burglars but, as the
information I'm looking for has been in the public domain for at least 17
years, a large number of the readers I'm aiming at are going to know about
it.

(Besides, alarm circumvention in 1988 ought to be well superseded by newer
technologies by now.)

So anything you could suggest as to how the false keypad could register the
order of the keys pressed would be much appreciated.

Thank you again for your responses.

Tim

Electronics has become smaller and smaller with