Re: lan setup

> The tcp/ip link is more for running the DLS software across a network
> without using a modem. As for the Web Xpander i honestly havnt looked at
> them yet so im not sure. What part of X10 are you trying to use?
> lighting control? knowing what exactly your trying to use X10 for would
> help with a solution.

Thanks Devin,

I gathered that after a bit more googling.
I then found the rs-232 interface pc5401 which looked like a cheeper option.
I also have a telephone connection to the controller but cant find any
information with regards to what software (if any) I need and what it
can be used for.

The X10 option I will mainly/only use for lighting. For instance turning
on a light when the front door is opened and a door contact is triggered.
However I'm more interested in controlling the system via my PC and
later applications that I will write.

regards