Re: lan setup

tertius wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm a new (1 week) alarm systems user and  have a few questions.
> Any advice appreciated.
> I'm having a DSC Power 864 controller with a lcd5500 panel installed. I
> would like to access the controller via my computer. Googeling suggested
> the T-Link TCP/IP Communicator or the Web Xpander.
>
> I your opinion, what is the preferred board to use with regards to
> functionality and software available?
>
> Is the API usable/acccesable and documented?
>
> Does it only support Windows or are there API's available for Linux?
>

> What do I need to add X10 functionality to my Power 864 ?
>

> Much appreciated.
>

> Tertius.

The tcp/ip link is more for running the DLS software across a network
without using a modem. As for the Web Xpander i honestly havnt looked at
them yet so im not sure. What part of X10 are you trying to use?
lighting control? knowing what exactly your trying to use X10 for would
help with a solution.