Re: Ademco Wireless

"Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:z%Age.24217$_g1.19636@xxxxxxxxxxx
> I asked Ademco for years why they designed the 6128RF with only 16 zones,
> when everyone else allows you to max it to the panel's capacity. And the
> stupid option to add keyfobs directly into the keypad if you run out of RF
> zones...How do you download the keyfob serial #'s then?
>
> Jim Rojas

If you think about it tho 16 zones are about right considering the coverage
allowed by the keypad, would you REALLY want to put 64 wireless sensors
using only a keypad receiver? For that a 5881 is a far better choice

That keyfob feature IS handy although yea you can't download keyfobs, The
reason they gave it only 16 zone is to keep the cost down. The really
strange part is that feature isn't on the 6160RF, my only wish is they'd
allow control of the keypad relay from the panel. I also wish Honeywell
would get rid of the LO MED and HI designations and just have one receiver.
Nothing is more frustrating than a tech learning in 4 keyfobs only to find
he has a low receiver. And if you really look at the other manufacturers you
won't find they max capacity either

GE's Concord series panels which are capable of 76 zones but only come in 2
versions with either 16 or 32 zone receivers built in

Caddx receivers come in 8, 16 and 48 zones

DSC's receivers do 32 which was fine with the 832 but half the capacity of a
5020

Napco offers 8, 16 and 96 zone receivers

I guess those wireless chips ARE expensive