Re: Seeking The Best DIY Alarm Consultant

<ReleaseThePrisoner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Frank Olson wrote:
>> there are several online resources available to you:
>>
>> http://www.norcoalarms.com
>> http://www.youralarmstore.com
>> http://alarmsystemstore.com
>> http://www.alarmcontacts.com
>> http://www.tech-man.com/estore
>>
>> Bob LaLonde used to run an online store with one of the better FAQ
> pages out
>> there: http://www.diycomponents.com
>>
>> Bob Campbell. Lot's of valuable stuff on his website too:
>> http://www.home-metal.com
>
> Thanks for the suggestions Frank.   Are the store reps and guys you
> mentioned
> active on this newsgroup?

Both "Bobs" (Campbell and LaLonde) are active in the group.  The best way to
get tech support from "the other Bob" is to post your questions in the
Newsgroup.  Ignore "Group Moderator" who contributes nothing but invective
and has a "thing" for "the other Bob"...

>> if you're thinking of going the DIY route, pick a relatively easy
> series of panels to program like DSC's "Power" series.
>
> Sounds like a good idea.  The programing is something I'm not familiar
> with and I would like to get something easy to program.

When I started in the trade, the DSC-PC2500 was just being introduced.  Wow!
It was keypad programmable!  The old 2000 required a chip burner.  Both
products were pretty easy to understand.  You *must* read the manual!!  Set
up the system on a workbench and "play" with it for a few days.