Re: Seeking The Best DIY Alarm Consultant

"TBk" <ReleaseThePrisonerTakeThisOut@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I would like to purchase and install an alarm system myself for a house and
>attached shop.   Who would be the best dealer-consultant to work with?   I
>value available and knowledgable tech support most highly.

First off, I'm not trying to "sell you " on anything.  I am actively in the
trade, but my company doesn't sell product online.  That having been said,
there are several online resources available to you:

http://www.norcoalarms.com
http://www.youralarmstore.com
http://alarmsystemstore.com
http://www.alarmcontacts.com
http://www.tech-man.com/estore

Bob LaLonde used to run an online store with one of the better FAQ pages out
there:

http://www.diycomponents.com

And then there's Bob Campbell.  He's Canadian and not a bad sort at all.
Lot's of valuable stuff on his website too:

http://www.home-metal.com

As for "consulting"...  If you're thinking of going the DIY route, pick a
relatively easy series of panels to program like DSC's "Power" series.
They're loaded with features most people want.  If you want a panel that
*really rocks*, go to http://www.elkproducts.com.  It's called the "M-1
Gold" and is simply the most versatile system out there (even from an HA
standpoint).

Good luck!!