Re: Noob question on Compass

"Foo Bar" <billcolabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:spPle.2407$rY6.12@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I hope this isn't too stupid a question an if there is a better
> refernce, please let me know....
>
> I DIY installed an Ademco Vista 20P system for my home. All programming
> was via the keypad and it went fairly well, but seems to be a bit
> tedious. I noticed that the Compass software was available so I got a
> copy and installed it on by XP windows box.
>
> The first problem was the modem. I believt that the panel communicates
> via DTMF tones rather than any standard modem protocol. A quick look at
> supported modems sent me to ebay to get something old enough to work. I
> got a practical Peripherals PM1200SA mini that was advertised as being
> Compass complient.
>
> The first question is about the 10 DIP switches on the bottom. What is
> the correct setting for use with Compass?

I don't know the exact setting for Compass since I've used them with Compass
but never messed with dip switches

Looking at my modem with the rs232 interface at the bottom it goes like this
left to right

up
up
down
up
up
down
up
down
up
up

That should work although like I said I've never messed with them