Re: Ademco TUFFTACT rollerball contacts....

I have read the Installation & Setup Guide many times. The 'Hardwire
Zones' section does not say that you must use the resistors. Even the
illustration they show in the setup guide has the two wires from the
sensor going directly into the HI & LO connectors on the panel, with no
resistor. However, it does say that you must use the resistors for
Double-Balanced Zones and Zone Doubling, and even gives a wiring
schematic, but not for a single device zone. I don't have a problem
using the resistors if I must, I just didn't think I had to. With each
zone only having a single contact, what do I do with the resistor? Do I
simply wire it inline on the HI side, between the panel and the
contact? Does it need to be protected at all?

~K~

p.s. The resistors did come with the panel, but I forgot I dropped them
into one of the contact bags for safe keeping. The reason I bought the
rollerball-type contacts is because I didn't want exposed surface mount
contacts on my windows, and I was told by a professional installer that
I couldn't use the traditional recessed contacts because you shouldn't
drill into the frames of gas-filled windows. Therefore, I was directed
towards the rollerballs. Is there a better contact option for this
particular situation?