Re: Sentrol 5150

They'll cover about 10' of glass if it doesn't have mullions. They =
should be mounted 1" from frame in both directions if mounting in the =
corner.

You must use the thinest tape you can find. I've also used that 2part =
glue you can buy for car mirrors - harder to get off and shouldn't =
effect the detector.

<xx1xx@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
> Thanks for the tape advice.
>=20
> I decided on the pull aparts because that's what the guy from the
> security company used on our ither new windows.  However, I have to
> admit, it would be a lot better to just open the window when the
> system isn't active, as the pull aparts can be troublesome, especially
> when you yank the window open.  I am going to have the pull aparts
> anyway so that I don't yank of the Sentrol 5150s.
>=20
> Does it matter if the 5150s are close, one in the top corner of the
> bottom window and the other in the bottom corner of the top window?
>=20
> On Tue, 10 May 2005 14:22:48 -0400, "Robert L. Bass"
> <robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>=20
> >> My first question is, isn't it better to have put them in the upper
> >> right of the bottom and the lower right of the top, causing access =
> >> that top window's pull apart to be much more difficult.  If the =
bottom
> >> window is opened, all someone has to do is lower the top a little =
bit
> >> and jump the wires, if that is possible.
> >
> >You should install a magnetic sensor (contact) to detect if someone =
opens=20
> >the window as well.
> >
> >> Second question, the 5150 came with some kind of double sided tape
> >> that must have fallen out of the bag.  Was that just double sided =
tape
> >> or tape with some kind of metal to amplifly the sound or vibration =
of
> >> the breaking glass?
> >
> >It's nothing special but you need to replace it with relatively thin =
tape.=20
> >I've seen some folks use carpet tape and it worked quite well.  The =
stuff=20
> >used to mount components inside the alarm control panel is too thick. =
 It=20