Re: RLB NX8E and Shabbat

> I can't help but wonder if they also turn
> off things like the fridge or hot water heater?

Nope.  Only the light is unscrewed.  The reason, as it was explained to me,
is that the refridgerator compressor turns on and off based on a temperature
change which is not *directly* coupled to opening the door.  The lamp is
directly coupled by the little push-button switch in the door hinge area.

> Stupid religion if you ask me.

They probably think the same thing about you.  The difference is they're
right.