Re: RLB NX8E and Shabbat

> You can easlily disable the Leds...

It's not just the LEDs though.  Their activity (walking about the house for
example) cannot cause a change in an electrical device.  Note that this
varies somewhat as not all Orthodox sects have the same standards.  Even
within a given group there is variation from one family to the next.  It's
the same with any religion.  Each person's understanding differs somewhat
from the next person.

> usually by a jumper in each detector. Or you can switch the power to
> detectors
> using a relay connected and programmed to activate to folllow the Armed
> Light.

That method doesn't comply unless the system is left disarmed for the entire
Shabos or Yom Tov.  There are other ways to do it using the built-in timers
and scheduling of an advanced system like the Napco Gemini.  With lesser
systems like Caddx you can still do it but you may need an add-on timer to
go fully automatic.

> Extend the exit delay to allow for a warm
> up period when you arm the system and'
> you've done it...

Note that an Orthodox family cannot operate the alarm keypads at all during
Shabos and certain Yom Tov.  My method allows the system to arm and disarm
itself yet still allow egress for scheduled visits to synagogue.  Since
these times are fixed it's possible to make the system do exactly what is
needed and still provide at least a minimum level of protection.  No system
is ideal for every family but the methods I developed have proved suitable
for several strict Orthodox groups (Hasidim, Young Israel, etc.) .