Re: Just bought, am I getting a fair deal? Apex/Honeywell/Monitronics

I'm laughing at "the installer is right down the street"
It sounds like the old sales tactics of tin men.
Like Crash I also subbed, and was a dealer for Monitronics in the past
and while a vast number of their dealers are excellent this company you
mentioned was a disaster.  Your installing company was a cash cow for
me. Day after day I'd receive service calls for their clients because
they refused to service their own accounts. While it is important for
you to secure your home you should take a little time and research the
companies providing service to your area. The nonsense about the offer
being good for today only is absurd. Bob Worthy is correct when stating
that should have sent red flares up. There's no reason for you to feel
ashamed of allowing this company manipulate you, but there's also no
reason to let it happen again.
Monitronics is a good company, so let them remain an option, but
seriously search for a different vendor.