Re: Dagnabit. Why is my Smoke Detector in fault?

Why are the Black and Red wires reversed at the 2nd floor detector?

And how is this detector connected to the intiating circuit if terminals 3&4
do not connect to anything?

Are the Green and Yellow wires at the 2nd floor detector connected to
anything? Are they shorted together?

After you get this working properly, be sure to test each detector
individually to ensure they all work properly and initiate an alarm.