Dagnabit. Why is my Smoke Detector in fault?

Hi - Just finished my basement and went to put the DSC smoke and ROR
detector back and
now the main alarm keeps going off.  I had the PC1500 system offline for a
few months and now the trouble report I get is for the batt. having a low
charge.  This makes sense.  I reset the smoke zone at the panel but it keeps
going back into alarm.  This would indicate to me that the system still sees
smoke and will not reset itself.  I assume the detector is shorting the
circuit.  But even so, the LED is flashing every 10 seconds which would
indicate that the basement det. is working properly - maybe?  I wrote down
the wire colors and terminal numbers but perhaps I missed something?  Here
is the data keeping in mind that the 3 detectors are on a zone with the top
floor det. having the EOL resistor visible at the det.:

Basement

1 - R ed
2 - Black
3 - Yellow