Re: Adding EZM to P3200

Total nerd wrote:
> Hello all.  I have a Napco P3200 with three english keypads and one
> wireless extension module.  I've only turned on 1 keypad EZM and the
> zones are 9-12. The Wireless extension immediately put itself at
> 13-whatever, and I programmed my wireless devices and all is fine.
> Now, if I want to use another keypad's EZM, it wants to live at
13-16,
> which overrides my wireless addresses.  Do I simply move the wireless
> address numbers down four spots and move my zone descriptions down
four
> spots too, or is there something else I need to do?  If that's all,
> then why don't I simply turn all 3 keypads on and move all the
wireless
> addresses down by 8?  Is this right or there somewhere in the
> programming that tells the panel where the wireless expansion module
> will live, starting at what address, other than option (1) "Wireless"
> inside By Feature programming?
> Thanks

When I'm installing a wireless system and theres a chance that I may
want to add hardwired zones in the future, I'll usually start the
wireless zones somewere at a number above the number of hard wired
zones the system is presently capable of. In your case, zone 21.
However, you have to also allow for the addition of wireless zones too.
You didn't mention how many wireless devices your have. If you have 11
or more, obviously you'll have to forgo the use of some of the hardwire
EZM zones. But generally ....... you should probably leave room for the
addition of a few hardwired zones and a few wireless. This way you find
it less likely that you'll have to go in at a later date and relocate
ALL your wireless zones.