Re: Here's one for the books

Yes, that would be a bummer; good idea that !!

I simply don't do businesses at all, unless they are small corner stores
sort of thing, and only if I have the client's home system, and he twists my
arm to do it. I got rid of a lot of my business customers because of non
payment recently; the others I'm encouraging to find another dealer
(although you have to be kind of tactful with that approach...).

I only have two very large companies left with my systems; this one with the
bad board is one of them. The other one is involved with military and police
agencies and their head office in the States recently said that they weren't
happy having a little guy like me provide their security. So I told them, I
would be more than glad to hand the system over to Chubb, even working with
their technicians to ensure a smooth rollover. But instead, they had Chubb
put in a parallel system to mine, and kept me as prime contractor (yeah...I
know...why the hell would they do something like that....). Anyway, bottom
line, I'm still there.....:((((

RHC