Re: Here's one for the books

I was thinking along the lines of a smoke detector connected to the 832, it
would be quite ironic if the panel would sound an alarm and report a signal
based on a fire from it's own circuit board

In the mid 90's I had to go to a takeover I did the year before, the panel
was a PC2530 and one night the central station began receiving fire troubles
and restorals, turned out the house had caught fire that night and I was
sent to inspect the smoke detector to see if it was somehow faulty. (I had
never listed a smoke on the paperwork)

Turned out the panel never had a smoke detector installed, the smoke circuit
was strapped off with a resistor. The panel did have fire trouble and
restoral signals programmed (I always did that) and these were sent when the
panel began overheating, by responding to the troubles the CS saved the
entire house from going up...go figure