Re: amag 3500 multimax crash

"Justin Michael" <jmichael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1111420435.126512.12740@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> You are right, it is a amag350, not a 3500.
>
> I agree that the security programs should have been updated, but I've
> inherited the situation.
>
> I do have admin priviledges on the machine, but I don't have the
> password for the database.
>
> Thanks for your reply.

When it was first installed, the installer had the option to check to
password the database or not. Once that box is checked, only AMAG can unlock
it and see the database in its raw form (tables and fields). Having the
multimax.mdb file in a safe place is a good thing... That's the whole
database.

At this point, if you don't have the 350 CD, you should look into getting
one. The problem then becomes revision. AMAG is really good at taking in
customer databases and upgrading them to the current revision. They USED to
do it for free, but I don't know if that's still the case. Easier to find
the original disks that were loaded on your system (might even be floppy
disks (about 5 of them) if it's old enough).

 Actually, the software is just for monitoring and for entering/deleting
card information. The doors/locks/cards should still be functioning. It's a
distributed database system (most access systems these days are). If you
will be moving out of the building soon, I wouldn't even worry about it...
Give the cards to the new tenants just as if they were keys.