Re: OYE on DIY

On 16 Mar 2005 20:06:15 -0800, rory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>sounds way too familiar.
>
>Does anyone else on here, charge for quotes? Im considering it, they
>get it applied to the job if we get it, if not, it pays for gas. Too
>many wortheless quotes over the past few years .. just tired of wasted
>time.

You'd never get away with charging for quotes in the US.  The market
is just too competitive.  Qualifying prospects is essential.  Not
everyone can afford your service, and you shouldn't do business with
certain people.  That being said, it is our responsibility to educate
the public on the value of the services we provide. You must
differentiate yourself from the cheap products available elsewhere.
People make decisions based on perceived value.  If the customer
thinks your product will provide more value, they will buy it
regardless of the cost.  You will never be the cheapest.  There is
always someone willing to charge a little less.  You get what you pay
for.