Re: Ademco VISTA-128BP, Caddx NetworX NX-8E or ELK M1 for Residential Alarm and Home Automation

"Earl Wallace" <e-google@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I have boiled down my choices for an Alarm system that would work with my
> (future and unknown) Home Automation needs:
>
>   1)  Ademco VISTA-128BP
>   2)  Caddx NetworX NX-8E
>   3)  ELK M1
>
> I like the M1, but it doesn't have a UL Listing yet, but I wonder if that
> matters much in a home setup.  Should I care about the UL?

Not in your case unless it is a business installation

> I also wonder if the M1 is as solid as the Ademco and Caddx systems.
Anyone
> think the M1 would be less reliable?

Since the M1 is brand new the reliability hasn't been proven whereas the
Ademco and Caddx panels have been out for over 5 years now

> The M1 will support Zwave (http://www.zen-sys.com) at some point with an
> add-on board.
> Does the VISTA-128BP and Caddx NX-8E support Zwave?

No idea, might call Honeywell or GE on that

> Is there any reason to avoid any of the above units?  I think I could be
> happy with any of these systems, but if your experience says otherwise,
> please let me know because I'm about to buy...

I haven't worked with the M1 yet but I know the Ademco and Caddx panels and
both are excellent