Re: Napco Gemini P3200 is stupid

news:3ZqdnRfV_4_FAanfRVn-qA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> "Address 2421, bit 0" and "location 1284
>> and 1384" are meaningless to me.  I know
>> how to use the PC loader software...
>
> OK fine.  Did you try what I suggested earlier using the software?  It's
> not very complicated.  Any you're right that you shouldn't need (or want)
> to do address level programming on that panel.

This statement alone proves you've never actually field serviced the
equipment in question.

>> ... and you know how to set this up using
>> the PC loader software (this screen, this
>> page, that option, click this, etc), then by
>> all means I welcome your advice.
>
> I guess I know how to do it.  I've been a Napco dealer for many years and
> I routinely use the software.  Calm down (we're not all jerks), give me a
> call in the evening and I'll help you out.

The OP isn't even a customer, yet you told "loops" (who purchased a whole
system from you) to call you tomorrow (Monday) to resolve his issue.
Interesting "demonstration" of your customer service skills.  It's all about
"showmanship" (or "oneupmanship"), isn't it, Robert??

>> Knowing this panel at the address level
>> is no great accomplishment worthy of an
>> ego.
>
> That's true but if you're real short on accomplishments... :^)

which you've quite obviously demonstrated...