Re: Slanging matches on this forum.

shipmanagement@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I joined this group a couple of weeks ago to get some advice abt
> Wireless alarm systems.

For your information, you don't "join" a Usenet Newsgroup, despite the
fact that the use of the word "group" in Newsgroup entices one to think
that it is actually a group to join. In reality, you post and inquiry,
opinion or resoponse and wait and see what kind of response you're
going to get. No one actually cares whether you're here or not. And, no
one actually cares ....... what you care. You make your observations,
choose to comment or not and then just sit there and see what comes
back at you.
If you disagree with the response and you're moved to do so, you can
continue to engage with others who oppose your opinions. If you've come
here with the inclination of thinking that the rules for behavior are
the same here as they are in real life, ........ you're mistaken. I
made the same mistake a long time ago. However, Robert Bass set me
straight when he said that it was his goal to do what ever he chose to
do here and that no one runs this group or could tell him what was
proper or acceptable behavior. He's continued to follow those rules,
regardless of the consequenses. He continues to follow that rule and
........ you know what? In real life, if someone doesn't follow the
acceptable rules of social engagement, one way or another, that
individual is "expelled" from the "group" Here ( in Usenet) there isn't
any way to "expell" someone who is disagreeable or a source of turmoil.
Yes, as done to him in another group that he used to disrupt, years
ago, ignoring him would eliminate the objectionalbe dialog you are
protesting, but it would not stop him from making disparaging remarks
about installers and installation companys...... not stop him from
stealing information that is posted here and claiming it as his own. It
would not stop him from posting durogatory comments on a competitors
website under an assumed name. It wouldn't stop him from lying about
people here, nor prevent him from going "real life" with people to get
them in trouble with their employers   ..... nor stop him from trying
to find out personal information about people who keep their identities
concealed, so that he can attempt to ruin their reputations or get them
in trouble ......... simply because he doesn't like them. It wouldn't
stop him from decieving end users who come here, looking for
information into believing that he is still in the installation
business, when, in fact, he hasn't installed anything nor does he know
much about the latest technologies for going on seven/eight years now.
It wouldn't stop him from deceiving people that he is doing business
with that he has a good reputation, when in fact he doesn't. Not in
business nor in his personal life. He's a convicted felon for a gun
related crime and responsible for someone death due to neglegence.

So, as you can see, ignoring him is tantamount to enabling him to
perpetuate the ruse that is his goal here in ASA ( Alt.security.alarms)
Which, by the way was set up by the originator to be a Usenet group for
alarm installers and whose FAQ states that no one should actively use
the group to sell their services or products. The founder of the group
actually confronted Bass with this and Bass, in his terms, told him to
stuff it. He (Bass) could do what ever he wanted here and no one could
tell him what or what not to do. Steve ( the originator) left the
group, never to return.

Bass will not stop what he does and ignoring him will only enable him.
The only resource to those that object to what he's done to usurp this
group and to constantly and openly object to what he is, what he does
and what he stands for. All of it  ........ is NOT acceptable and no
one is EVER going to make the mistake of being misled by the abominable
SOB.

If you don't like it, obviouly, you're free to say so. But I *do* think
that you've run off at the mouth without knowing the history of this
asshole Bass. You're persistance in objecting to what goes on here will
eventually become boring to you, and you'll go away. An unfortunate
byproduct of objecting to Bass's behavour. But, with his conduct here,
there can never be any semblance to what the potential and purpose of
this Newsgroup could be.

You objected to what you think is unsavory conduct without realizing
that the conduct is occuring because of ......... Bass's unacceptable
conduct.

You've said your piece now you can stay and live with it ........ or go
away.

By the way, there *is* a UK group. Likely much more civil than here.
Vist us in a year or so. Bass has a bad heart. He may have died by
then. Until such time, things are going to remain the same.