Re: More than just a CCTV system

securitymiss...@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm gathering information for a story I'm working on regarding uses for
> CCTV systems--other than just security.  I'd very much like to talk
> with professional installers and end users who are using camera systems
> for a variety of benefits--either instead of or in addition to security
> surveillance.
>
> Those who care to chat with me direct because of the sensitive nature
> of their application are welcome to do so.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Al Colombo

Nothing that I'm using but I noticed an ad the other day for a CCTV
device for people with poor vision. Small camera, mounted on a bracket
above a small moveable "table". A book or item is place on the "table"
and a magnifided image is shown on a monitor. Also, "glasses" (more
like a virtural video game head set) with small CCTV screens and
miniture cameras to help visually impared.

Ridiculously over priced. Anywhere from $1700.00 for Black and white
camera version to $2500 for color. The "glasses" were even higher.

Yeah, that's the ticket. Rip off the blind.

Quick, notify Bass, it sounds like a market he'd like.