Re: Glass Break Detectors

Dave wrote:
> What is the general consensus on glass break detectors? Do they work
> well enough to rely on them as a primary perimeter security device? Or
> are motion dectors a better bet?
>
> I currently have Caddx CDX-2000 (?) detectors on my home system. They
> have been triggered by 1) a pot hitting the kitchen floor 2) a dropped
> mag-light flashlight. I have no idea if they would be triggered by an
> actual glass break. I'm worried that blinds and/or curtains might
> affect the shock and sound spectrum enough to prevent triggering.
>
> Are there better models of glass break detectors out there? I can find
> several other makes and models but I can't seem to find a review of
> the technology or a discussion of which might be the best at detecting
> glass breaks.
>
> All comments are appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Dave

Glass breaks change depending on the application.The Sentrol one's are
usually pretty reliable. Think i have only had one fail in the past 2
years. As for if they will actually go off depends on alot of factors.
Blinds/drapes, distance from said window, hard wood floors or carpet?
Placement can make or break it(no pun intended).But everyone will have
diffrent opinion's on makes and models. But personally i prefer the
sentrol detectors, although they are a little more money we dont see
many problems from them.

Devin