Re: Troubleshooting Question

"Crash Gordon®" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:uoBse.7$zF5.2005@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> A latching toner helps turn this into a one man job too.

Agreed, but I wanted to offer a solution that didn't involve having the OP
buy more equipment.  I always liked the "cheap fix" when it comes to DIY...
:-))

> Also with ohmmeter check for shorts to window frames or ground.

Excellent point, "Crash", but I think a "ground" in a loop in a wood frame
type house is a pretty "long shot"...  I'm saying it's possible, just not
likely.  Mind you the OP hasn't mentioned where this system is installed
either...  Hmmmmm!!!

I did have a customer bang a nail into a wall once (to hang a picture) and
have the misfortune of nicking the wire to a motion detector on the same
wall.  The unit powered down and the zone remained "open".  What made
matters worse was that the installation was a take-over from another
company's pre-wire.  That house was an outstanding example of how *not* to
pre-wire for a security system, and the "right way" to troubleshoot because
our service guy had the presence of mind to ask the question:  "And what
have you been doing recently?".  :-))