Re: Home Alarm and Vonage

The only way I'd monitor an account via a VOIP/Broadband (if I couldn't get
a decent signal from the Cellular Network) connection would be with the
following conditions: 1. The alarm must be monitored via TCP/IP (No digital
communicator over VOIP)... 2. The customer's modem (or Router) that provides
the Internet Gateway must be powered by an UPS...

I think relying on a Digital Communicator over VOIP is risky, there's too
many variables that can change day to day... IMO: That leaves the installing
company with one of three choices...They can monitor a system via TCP/IP,
Long Range Radio (AlarmNet "A", or the AES network), or use Cellular...

Just my 1/2 cent, Russ