Re: Advice on sensors, please

Thanks to Frank, Bob and Jim for the benefit of their experience.

Jim wrote:
> <snip>
> It is adviseable to concentrate more on a perimiter system with
> motion/glassbreak detectors as a backup.

By "perimeter sensor" do you mean sensors that are installed _outside_
the building. For example, those listed at
http://www.whitakersecurity.com/tipsandhints/perimeter.htm ?
Or do you mean things like magnetic contacts on doors and windows?

> <snip>
> The basic builders smoke detectors are
> great, but don't forget smoke and heat detectors as part of your alarm
> system.

I will make sure that I cable up for these!

Sounds as though I should largely forget about the internal PIR motion
sensors and just go for detection of broken windows and forced doors.
Is that a correct summary?

I had been considering arming the house at night or when leaving the
property but am now thinking about protection while the family is in
the house. I probably need a manual "panic button" as well.