Re: Wireless - Simon 3 or Visonic Powermax Plus

an alarm panel should have a section(the main board) in a place not easily
accessible, a remote keypad and a sirene that is as far as it can be from
the main panel

from there if you go wireless take an hybrid system like the dsc,ademco or
napco..not all model do it but just take a look at there web site to know
wich one can do it..

one thing i noticed when i was installing wireles system is that many zone
could have been hardwired and just some zone needed wireless..

thats what i have here at home...almost all zone are wired in exept 3
wireless..( i ahve a power 8/32 with 16 zone and a wireless receiver..)i use
13 zone hardwire....My sirene is in the attic,my main panel somewhere in the
basement,in a closet wich have a big sofa in front of it..(consealed closet)

that way no badboy will follow the sound of the sirene to my panel cause
they are not close together...
and the closet door is protected so whe the panel is armed it will trigger a
signal very fast...
and i have internet monitoring of my panel so if they blow the panel or cut
the phoneline (and cable connection) there is an off line at the central and
the cops are sent if no response...( i know they called my home3 night ago
when videotron made some repair at 3 oclock..;-(  )

with this i feel in security.. A simon is only good to place in a hotel room
or such thing..

GiCBe.3517$oZ.2636@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx