Re: Problems with SBC ADSL services

"> Just to clear a few things up.  The DSL modem will not reboot the dial
tone
> side of the line.  Are you having the above problems with more than one
> customer or just the one?  I suspect the customer has problems with the
> actual copper telco line.  The DSL should not interfere with the alarm as
> long as you have the panel filtered with an alarm DSL filter 'made for
> line seizure' unless you aren't running line seizure and are using the
> panel as a phone extension, in which case that may explain a few of the
> problems.

Okay, there is a loud jackhammer sound on the line for about 10 seconds each
time before the modem reboots and there is no dialtone while this is going
on and the process takes about 40 seconds before it starts over again.  The
standard plugin filter will not remove the jackhammer sound and the
communicator cannot hear.  If the communicator has line seizure or it
doesn't should not make any difference if the filter is in place and in fact
thats how I fixed one account last night.  I installed a new jack next to
the b block and hung us across the line at that point and suddenly I was
able to dump all the stored events in the panel before I left.  We don't
have line seizure but at least we can get signals until the phone company
can work on it.  However an hour after I left the customer was calling to
report the keypad was showing no phone line again.
Since it is starting to happen at several places there sure as heck is
something going on.