Re: Monitronics monitoring assigned to Apex

Sir, this may or may not be good for you; I honestly don't know. Others more
familiar with these particular companies can comment. However, this is one
more illustration of the reason why a consumer should never agree to sign a
long term contract (provided he's paid a full and fair market price for his
system, which many don't), ans especially so when he owns the system
outright and is changing suppliers. Under the terms of every long term
contract, the consumer is no longer in control of his own destiny. Your
system is simply another piece of company "equity" that is bartered and sold
at the whim of the company that "owns" your contract.

Once you sign a contract of this nature, they don't care whether you
disagree with what they do or not - nor do they have to frankly. As far as
breaking the contract, you could check the fine print to see what it says,
but I wouldn't hold my breath.....

You might want to remember this experience the next time someone knocks on
your door offering you a "free system". Unfortunately, even if you do pay
full price, most companies will try to lock you in as well.

Ask any company at your door one question..."Why should I sign a long term
contract..what's in it for me". The only truthful answer is "absolutely
nothing".

So why agree to it ??

R.H.Campbell
Home Security Metal Products