Re: Monitronics monitoring assigned to Apex

 > Ask any company at your door one question..."Why should I sign a long
term
> contract..what's in it for me". The only truthful answer is "absolutely
> nothing".
>
> So why agree to it ??

Perhaps he would like to have an alarm system and cannot afford it.

In America the only thing that matters is 'how much down' and 'how much per
month.'

A complete home alarm system will run around $3500. in most cases and many
folks can't afford that but still want an alarm system.  Instead of shopping
around or asking their friends they fall for one of those bs commercials on
tv or some high-pressure salesman for one of the three national firms that
specialize in junk systems and junk paper.  After the fact they discover
they didn't get the $3500. system they saw at a friend's house or were
promised but instead they got some $99. box o'crap and its just pay pay pay
and pay some more forever.  Two doors and one motion is what they got plus
an estimate to upgrade to a complete system for $70. per drop which works
out to around $3100. in most cases.  It's $90. to hook up the telephone
line.  It's another $595. for the cellular backup system.  There's a trip
charge to come out plus all these other charges and the $27.95 per month
they quoted turns out to be $34.95 per month from the start.  Of course,
senior citizens get a $2. per month discount.  And, you never own anything
except the paper you signed and four times a year they stick an additional
$7. on the bill to cover the property taxes.
And, you pay to fix it whenever it needs fixing.  And for 36 months you are
stuck.

All they had to do was read the contract but people don't read it.  A good
practice is to NEVER sign anything and say you'll have to have your lawyer
look it over first.  This will quickly rid your home of these scammers.

Why do people keep signing?  The only thing that matters is 'how much down'
and 'how much per month'.